Stop: This documentation was written for Thrive 2.2 version and below. If you are using Thrive 3.0 or greater, please refer to this documentation.
You might notice that the widgets in our demo are missing on your site after you have imported the ‘demo-content.xml’ file. Don’t panic, here is how you import the demo widgets to your website.
- First, you need to ‘Install’ and ‘Activate’ the ‘Widgets Importer & Exporter’ plugin by Steven Gliebe. https://wordpress.org/plugins/widget-importer-exporter/
- For more tips on how to properly manage your plugins in your site, please kindly visit this link to a ‘WordPress Article’ about Managing Plugin (Quick Guide): https://codex.wordpress.org/Managing_Plugins
- After you have ‘Installed’ and ‘Activated’ the said plugin, go to your ‘WordPress Dashboard’ > ‘Tools > ‘Widget Importer & Exporter.’
- Then in your ‘Widget Importer & Exporter’ page go to the ‘Import Widgets’ section and click the ‘Choose file’ button and select the ‘widgets.wie’ file inside of the ‘Resources’ directory located in the package.
- Finally, click the ‘Import Widgets’ button.
Notice: If you want WooCommerce and bbPress widgets imported, please kindly ‘Install’ and ‘Activate’ those said plugins 🙂
By now, you should have noticed that your website is now similar to the demo. Unfortunately, you need to provide other data such as files, members, and groups. These data should be unique to your setup; that is why we did not include it in the demo 🙂