Stop: This documentation was written for Thrive 2.2 version and below. If you are using Thrive 3.0 or greater, please refer to this documentation.
Thrive Birthday Widget allows to add a list of users who will be having their birthdays this year, this month or this week. It’s easy to use and no hassle just add it in a sidebar and the widget will handle the rest for you.
To setup Thrive Birthday Widget, please follow the steps below:
- Ensure that BuddyPress plug-in is installed and activated.
- Go to Administration; Inside ‘Users’ > ‘Profile Fields’.
- Under Profile Fields, click the ‘Add New Field’ button.
- Under Add New Field, type in ‘Date of Birth’ in the ‘Name’ text box and put its ‘Field Group Description’ e.g ‘Users birthday information.’.
- Scroll down a little on the ‘Type’ section and select the ‘Date Selector’. See screenshot below:
- Then click ‘Save’.
To add a birth of date information, please follow the steps below:
- Go to Administration ‘Users’.
- Under ‘Users’ choose a user and click ‘Extended’. See screenshot below:
- Under ‘Extended Profile’ tab select the date of birth of user in the ‘Date of Birth’ section.
- Then click ‘Update Profile.’
To add the birthday widget, please follow the steps below:
- Go to Administration ‘Appearance’>’Widget’.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click Thrive: Birthday Widget and choose which sidebar you want to add the widget. See screenshot below:
- Then under the ‘Thrive Birthday Widget’ select the sets of birthday you want to show on your site. See screenshot below:
- Then click save.
You will now have a widget that looks like this on your site that shows members with birthday. See screenshot below: